Monday 17 July 2017

Lady of the sea

I was very excited about creating this piece. It was a sample for Hochanda and the first time I got to use my stamps and that I had seen them in the red rubber stamp format than just my hand drawn illustrations. I also got the fossil moulds https://www.powertex.co.uk/home/360-fossil-mould.html and fossil stencils and absolutely could not wait to use them. So what better way than to put them together and create a journal cover I thought.
I think this was one of the first times I didn't think of a layout and just got straight in. I made some stone art clay and rolled it flat and then stamped into it with the Aprodites kiss stamp. The red rubber really does give exceptional detail. 

So I was a bit happy go lucky with stencils and structure paste. I do love them for giving extra texture and depth to the pieces I create. Even if I do happen to cover them completely with embellishments in the end. You can see I also added some silk paper with Easy mat coat to the front cover above, you can just about see a tiny piece peeking through in the final piece.




 This was the inside of the front cover. I think it's important to decorate all the space you have to hand, it is also good practice.



The back cover started life with just the fossil stencil on. https://www.powertex.co.uk/stencils/349-fossilized-30-x-30-stencil.html I then added some ivory and sprayed black bister on it when it was still wet. If you do this and then add a hair dryer you get some amazing crackling effects happening.

 I used Ivory Powertex over each side. Then sprayed with black bister. This gives a softer effect to just using the black Powertex. I forgot to photograph that stage as I had my head buried in all sorts of ideas for tv. I then dry brushed turquoise, gold and some pearl for the final colour. Would love to see what you create with my stamps. Please share on the Powertex addicts page on Facebook. We love to see what you have been up to. Toodle pip Anna xXx







No comments:

Post a Comment