Friday 23 March 2018

Take time to do what makes your soul happy


When I first caught glimpse of this project pack I was super excited. This was one fun project to make. And I thoroughly enjoyed creating this pocket watch. It was even more exciting because I got to use our Tracey's studio at hq to create mine. There is no feeling like being in a big studio with every Powertex product imaginable to hand. Oh its heaven.......

So without further a do here is my design for this months project pack.
As usual I made a layout of the items I was going to use. I just had to use some of the rose and daisy embellishments. I made some stone art clay with the stone art powder and Powertex and pushed the  clay into the daisy and rose mould.

Top tip: If you layout your composition for the design you wish to achieve before you start, its a lot less messy.
 Next I took my Ivory Powertex and coated all the mdf and embellishments. The only thing you need here is Powertex. It's magic formula glues, sticks and paints your works of art.

Top tip: I didn't use all of the mdf shapes in the pack. This means I have them leftover for any other projects I wish to use them on. You can chose to use them all or save some for other projects you have in mind.
Top tip: Your items won't be instantly stuck so if you want to relocate them you can pick them up easily and move them to another part of your design.

To add some extra texture to the piece I took some sand and balls and mixed them into some Ivory Powertex I had poured out. I then used a plastic palette knife to apply the mixture on various areas of the piece. 
 I then sprayed blue bister on the left side, green in the middle and black on the right side. I accidentally used brown and only have the photo with brown. But I just sprayed the black on over the top. Bister is a walnut stain so it covered the brown perfectly.

Top tip: I like to mix my bister granules in a small bowl with hot water, this enables them to dissolve better. I use the back of a teaspoon to crush any granules that haven't fuller dissolved. You can pop them in a spritz bottle and shake them but I find they don't fully dissolve and the nozzle can block up.
I then dry brushed red ochre, yellow ochre and turquoise powercolor over the brown stained side, to give a faux rust effect. And turquoise, moss green and yellow ochre on the blue side. 


I think you can tell I loved creating this one and I had some left overs that I can use for other projects. I hope you all enjoy the project pack and find some inspiration in our blogs. Do share your makes with us at Powertex addicts united on Facebook. We love to see what you are making. Toodles Anna xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment