Thursday 21 June 2018

Masquerade mask Powertex style



Hi my lovlies, it's really great to have you here. Well this months project pack is absolutely enormous and I didn't even manage to use all of the pieces I still had some left over feathers and fans. Here is the second piece I created to inspire. Hope you have as much creating as I did. 


Top Tip:Always layout your items to give yourself an idea of where they are going to go. And take a photo on your phone to remind yourself. If it changes later on it doesn't matter.

I took some lace and cut it to size so the two fans had some added texture and pattern to them.


Top tip: Use a glue gun to create added dimension to your mdf pieces. My glue happens to be blue so it shows up nicely on the picture.

I also wanted the opening on the mouth to be smaller so snapped either side of the mdf shape and used some Powertex to hold it together in a different position.

I stuck everything down in place on the right side with Bronze Powertex. I used some 3D sand mixed in with the Powertex as some added texture in places. On the left side I used some stone art powder with Ivory Powertex and brown bister to build up a textural layer. And give it as soft stone art effect.

I coated the base layer in Ivory Powertex and mixed some Easy 3D Flex together and spread it across the left side and sprayed with brown bister.
I applied heat with the hair dryer to encourage the cracks to appear. I then dry brushed some Ivory back over the the texture and sprayed more bister and repeated until I was happy with the depth and tones in the finish.

Top tip: The heat from a hair dryer is less intense than a heat gun making it easier to control. 


I stuck the top piece of the mask down to the bottom piece using Transparent Powertex. The Easy 3D base layer is just subtly peaking through in places.

 Then dry brushed the Bronze Powertex with rich gold and bronze gold colortricx and varnish.

Then I just had to add some bling, so placed some gems from my stash on with Transparent Powertex.

And voila. The final result. This one was a little different for me if not ever so subtle. I found it very enjoyable to create a piece that pushed my boundaries though. I can't wait to see your creations do share them with us in the Powertex Studio. And do let us know if you have been inspired by any of the Design Team. We love to hear that you are getting inspiration from our projects. You can find more of my work @RosehartStudio. Toodles Anna xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment