Thursday 6 September 2018

It's a me thing

So after the most amazing time away with our family in Canada I have decided to try and be a little better with my blogs. I guess we will just have to see how long this lasts. lol.... I had the most amazing time showing my littlest niece the wonders of journalling, well she is not so little and will be 13 on Christmas day. But I am hoping I have inspired her and also got her addicted to art journalling. Better than being stuck in front of the telly right? 

I did promise I would put a blog together of our arty creations, but the time just flew by and we were having too much fun. I think we managed to get our page a day done nearly which would have ended up being 20 pages. I have fallen in love with journalling and I'm even creating art in this style now. Don't worry I am still very much loving my Powertex, I am really excited about combining the two as well. I use Powertex in my journal to experiment and discover like a sketch book. 

There are so many amazing mixed media artists to be inspired by I happen to love Marta Lapkowska follow her blog and watch her you tube channel for inspiration, ideas, the motivational chit chat and for the company. The studio can be a lonely place at times and staying motivated can be a daily challenge when you're a full time artist.

So here is a piece I have just finished, I created the base a while ago when watching Martas video on breaking a blank page. I have lots of off cut scraps I had been keeping and wondered what for apparently this page! I am obviously missing all the beautiful sun as the colours are bright. Or I think that just might be a me thing ha ha. Well, what's not to love about being colourful! I really could have added some black and more details, but I decided I loved the simplicity of the design too much.

I just wanted to use the base as a way to experiment with my materials so had no idea where this was going. I tried out some very old chalk markers I had hanging around. Another idea from Marta. Some cheap ink pads I had picked up, I don't have funds for the expensive ones yet. A white dovecraft chalk marker, which is more like a really soft oil pastel in a pen and dissolves in water. I actually really love it, but wouldn't have classed it as a chalk marker. And some cheapy stencils I picked up at Walmart. And some washi tape from Michaels craft store. 



I definitely recommend journalling to experiment, learn and let your art flow freely. Plus, if you're itching to create but can't get all your stash out, a journal and a couple of pens and inks definetly fill the void. Enjoy. Toodle pip Anna xXx I would love if you gave me a follow on Instagram or Facebook. Or even let me know what you think in the comments section. 


No comments:

Post a Comment